Pages

November 16, 2015

Di(l)wali updates!

- I did Rangolis. Yes. Three different Rangolis with Diya decorations around. My neighbor is kind enough to not to let me think about Diyas at all as she manages to decorate the whole floor. While I was confused about my feelings regarding the same, I managed to make other things beautiful. (I am fiercely possessive about my Rangoli and decoration plan, only if I could tell her)

- Our maid was not there for a day before Diwali which meant we (Me, My sister in law and my mother in law) had to clean up the last moment stuff on our own. Which included cleaning and decorating the drawing room - lobby, cleaning kitchen, decorating the house with new table-mats and show pieces (which any way we would have done). We were exhausted but thrilled.

- We went to Crawford market. The messiest and brightest place in Mumbai which I always wanted to explore. Though we could only dig out the tip of the iceberg and not the whole market, shopping for cosmetics, LET lights, some crockery for kitchen etc was done. A shining experience for the new Mumbaikar, which ended with the awesome milk shake with 'Takhmariya' at the famous 'Badshah'!

- As Mr.ISB was home and so our bedroom was alive. Messy. Lovely. I tried to put some 'Jaan' in it by decorating it with photos and a newly gifted silk rug on the bed. Some day I would be able to decorate my bedroom with really classy stuff.

-I tried making Cinnamon rolls again. With a hardly functional oven and new but not so good yeast. Results were okay but it did not make me sad. I am not sure why. Mumbai does not give me the spirit to cook or experiment some how. 

- Sarees. Yes, yes I could not only independently handle them, I could also feel awesome while flaunting them. I had decided to give myself the opportunity of  loving the pieces of six yards by wearing them and not only by buying them! I realized it is not about creating those perfect pleats. It is more about feeling the fabric. I am looking forward to those hundreds of weddings I am going to attend this year. 

- Met my Bro-buddy. The visit was fun but not the way I wanted it to be. May be every one else around me are growing up and I am left to carry out immature acts. I like to be like that. May be.

- I watched the worst movie of the century. Prem Ratan Dhan Butt payo. Butt smacking actions and CID Chhap graphics. Sonam did not prove herself only as a worst actress ever, but she managed to snatched the trophy of worst dancer from Tabbu. We did not watch it on a big screen but we used almost one GB of our data by downloading it online. I am not sure how we are going to recover this monetary and emotional loss. Two minutes of silence for all, who watched this movie last week.

-We visited hundreds of relatives in these four days. Okay, frankly we visited only six close relatives/family friend. Ended up eating various types of sweets and namkeens in tons. Due to which I became the patient of 'Sugar Rush' and slipped (Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen.. I managed to tumble one more time!) while walking on a straight , not at all defective road. I lost my favorite black cotton pant which was torn apart due to the accident when I lost the balance. (Sugar rush theory is better than telling people 'I do not know how I slipped'!) 

- I am happy I could create a bucket of beautiful memories while missing my Amdavad home.


No comments:

Post a Comment