Pages

February 13, 2018

Post Wedding Mayhem


The wedding at home is over. With a couple of goof ups and some funny incidents. The bride and the groom is off to their honeymoon while we, family members are busy wrapping up and surviving the muscle pain along with painful throats.

I and Mr.ISB are busy making that long pending list of tasks we could not finish in the week we were on leave. I am also trying to help in-laws at home to clear up the mess, we all have created in just two days. (Super human abilities, I say!)

While it is extremely difficult for me to explain the sweat produced in last seven months for this grand function, I thought highlights from the wedding days and post wedding days would be interesting to blog about. (I can see a couple of friends rolling their eyes and still reading snippets below)


  • The entire house was full of Sarees and Kurtas. We had a bunch of guests from Gujarat and US of A (Can we just declare USA as a part of Gujarat now?!) which means bottles and bottles of Aquafina and big suit cases numbered more on some days than dishes prepared at home.
  • Wedding at home means a lot of yummy food and chocolates from America. You can not keep yourself hungry in such a scenario. So, I did not. Khi Khi.
  • It was so good meeting a cousin who flew from America to attend the wedding. His constant support and presence made a bridge between us and the older generation. Am I making him feel old? The best part is, he does not care!
  • Not to forget our Kaka who also came down to India for the wedding. Now, this might require another post but I am still going to snatch a lot of his time before he flies back. Can I just say, nothing felt better about wedding than meeting him?
  • Gulp. The bride forgot to pack the bridal Dupatta (Extra one), nonetheless she looked very very beautiful. 
  • I flaunted a heavy red Saree, a Nath, a Dupatta, winged eyeliner and a Hathfool. Did not miss a single thing from my wishlist!
  • I also flaunted my favorite pearls in Mehendi. I could not agree more when someone said, 'Classy girls wear pearls!' 
  • There were oh so many guests in the reception. I have never seen such a big wedding before. Period.
  • I remember only fruits and chocolate mud cake from the huge menu in the reception. Those were the dishes I could taste.
  • There were some moments of irritations, stress and everything around. However, yours truly has a tendency to comeback to life after going haywire. Well, just to go back to the spike in a couple of days. Withdrawal symptoms, I hope.
  • Vidai was planned brilliantly by the bride, to avoid the mass crying session by our maternal aunts. Every aunt present was confused if the ritual they were carrying out, is Vidai or not! *slow clap* When the actual exit happened, only I and Mr.ISB along with a cousin were present.
  • I was so dead tired by the time reception reached the peak time. Our cousins kept on asking me to sit whenever there was a chance. I had to drag myself till the end of the function. Fatigue had kicked in by the time we exited the hall.
  • There were two small rituals left even after the reception. I had to drag myself to carry out the same. I just wanted to get things over.
  • The only best part about post wedding days (which are/were full of fatigue) is presence of our Kaka. We had a hearty breakfast with a long walk on Sunday. (I can walk forever with them actually!) A small shopping session along with dinner with extended family meant spending an entire day with him. He has the ability to sort out my thoughts and organize my life, even without talking about it. I regenerate faith in my own beliefs when I meet him. 
  • Talking about tired bodies. We all are drowsy , sleep deprived souls as of now. Irritated at some point and giving up on each other at other points. I, personally find it difficult to focus on my work. It takes four cups of tea to slog in the office. How do I reset my life? 

No comments:

Post a Comment