Pages

August 18, 2020

Chai Time Chitchat #23

Oh, I can not believe it took so so many days (I did not dare to check how many) to blog something here. Not that I did not feel like, just that I am literally in need of 25th hour in the day. I assume it is the story with every young working mother, oh well may be a mother for that matter.

On work front, I am fighting for my job, goals, ambitions and trying to up the game (even if the efforts on daily basis is minuscule but it counts right?) I have been reading plethora of Business Books to get inspired to just develop some new skill sets, how? Did not I mention, I dont have time? I read while cooking, having tea, while drying clothes (Yeahhh!), eating and what not. I have to really do it this way? Probably no, but, is it making me happy? Super yes.

On home front, my hands are full with Abby- ah and his clothes, meals, diapers, toys, books etc! While I have a support system who can be a nanny for an hour at a time, mostly I am the Nanny now who disappears time to time to work for office and home. Obviously, the lock down came with letting go of control on what to make him eat, which food to introduce but I guess we do not have an option here when the Grandfather makes sure that even if he eats 'Farsan', some of it should be given to Abby. Even if it is his dinner time? Ah, well. No points for guessing, I do get frustrated. I rant and then I move on. After all, grand parents are essential in the development of a kid. 

However, even Dada Dadi are not getting exhausted after chasing this monkey after half and hour. It is impossibly tiring and believe me, I am just on the edge of collapsing every evening- just to get up and don't give up next morning. 

About Festivals? Rakhi and Janmashtami arrived, we did dress up him but what was one stark difference between rest of my life and this year? I was almost washed out in messy baby food flavoured clothes. In zero mood to even get clicked. Not that anyone bothered but then it was my choice. (Whatever it means!)

I wonder how easy it is for mothers to forget their wellbeing! I have negligible me time- forget about working out or focusing on drinking enough water or follow a better diet. There is literally no solution to this burn out but we have to take one day at a time.

I was not surprised when people ask these days on zoom calls or on personal visits (maintaining social distance) that if I am sick and sleep deprived.

Hello Dark Circles. We have not met before!




No comments:

Post a Comment