Pages

February 26, 2019

Registering Mishap

When I say, we are very different individuals in this relationship called Marriage- it is not really an exaggeration.

I am a fireball, He is the fire extinguisher;
I am an emotional fool, He is too logical to be that;
I am reactive, He responds to situations;
I plan and achieve, He is an impromptu performer ;
I like to keep things organized, He loves constructing mess out of nothing.

And hence, while we both have managed to travel to the middle line of the actual gap sometimes organically- we have several guidelines (unsaid) to achieve peace in life. (Needless to say, we follow them only sometimes)

One such unsaid rule for him is to adhere to the statement of requirements, given regarding de-cluttering our bed room in the morning. The rules are as simple as, 'Putting his clothes to be washed in the washing machine', 'Switching off the geyser','Placing his folded dried clothes from the hall to his wardrobe'. No Rocket Science! However, like a true geek who can detect a minor change in numbers and patterns from a huge data base- he barely can register these tasks undone. So, I have a habit of instructing him every now and then- with a wish that it would become a habit. (The first rule of putting clothes in the washing machine is now a habit after 4.5 years of training!)

So today in the morning, while mentoring him...

Bubblegum: Hey, please bring the entire pile of folded clothes from the hall when you pick your towel (from the a pile!).. Need to place that entire bunch in your wardrobe.

Now, with a wish that he would detect that the folded towel he is taking is a part of a pile of his own freshly washed and dried clothes- I always segregate folded clothes in piles and every pile either belongs to an individual or belongs to house keeping.

Now, after exactly one minute- just like an obedient husband trying to keep sanity of his wife in place I hear him entering the room from the hall.

And what did I see?

He was carrying around four piles of clothes (belonging to every one) one over other and was about to rush to his wardrobe to place them inside (?)

I could not believe my eyes!

He had failed to register that all of these clothes do not belong to him and need not go inside his wardrobe.

Sheesh!

:|

No comments:

Post a Comment