Pages

February 22, 2019

Tiny Tales - Love from Ahmedabad

Ah, I should have put a declaimer on title that these tales drafted during the stay, might be irrelevant to readers but I need to document them!

***

My brother has grown up.
I asked him to move my heavy trolley bag for the umpteenth time.
He did not ask me to maintain my status quo as 'A girl who can do anything just like a guy.'
He kept mum and shifted the bag again.

***

Masi and the cousin brought all of their heavy clothes home. So that we can wear anything we like from the treasure, in oh so many functions and parties planned at the family wedding.
Masa, Dad and Mama kept on yawning at the speed with which we were deciding what to wear and when?
They are pros at yawning while we do this. Thanks to all my Masis, they have been trained well.

***

My husband survived that bland Khichadi at home, because we were tired of the wedding food after 7 days.
Also because, he is too shy to declare his hatred for bland food or Khichadi in front of my mom.
Ah, also I did not tell my mom about his feelings regarding Khichadi- just to make fun of him.
I'm sorry Mr.ISB! Hehuahuahauhaua.

***

Not in my life, I had tasted such tasty Sabji of Guava.
We all sat together to decipher the recipe.
Conclusion: A little bit of ginger and chili paste in the Sabji can work wonders!

***

He served me the Sabji. I took it and read the name- Kaju Karela!!
Oh my God, what did I take.
I decided that at the age of 30, it is time to develop the guts to try it, now that it has been already served.
Expressions after eating the first morsel: DELICIOUS! What the heck I have missed in my life!

***

My Dad and Mr. ISB were spending the 20th minute on Amazon to search that terribly named German brand of Nut and Garlic Slicer.
I was in love with the way it slices nuts to mix in the hot milk, a cup full of which I gobbled every night during my stay. (Prepared by the chief chef at home- My Dad!)
We got the slicer yesterday at Mumbai, ordered by Mr.ISB!
Mugambo Khush Hua!

***

I got to witness my 'reserved in nature' two years old niece throwing tantrums on a drop of a hat.
All Aunties discussing with my mom, how she is like the kiddo-me for the hundredth time.
Well.....Well.........

***
 My nephew (Collectively named as Taimur of our family) entering the first ever pre-wedding function he was going to attend- surrounding oh-so-many people.

Just when we thought that for a 7 years old, it might be a trigger to go cranky...

He started smiling looking so many focusing him. Almost virtually giving flying kisses to every one!

Never heard him crying even once during those 5 days. Lucky Parents!

***

An aunty pointing towards me, introduced her daughter- "Meet the Bride."
I cracked up , "Nooooooo"
Aunty suddenly realized the mistake, "Sorry Sorry!"
The Bride and yours truly smiling. We don't think that we look that similar any more, but we had experienced this before many times!
It is the relation which can make you look like each other. Blood line- not so much!

***

My eldest V Fai who is now 86, wanted to click a picture with the bride and the groom in the Mandap, which was on a stage. She has been using a walker to support her lately and so while she was moving fast towards the stage, my dad and another uncle just started to rush to help her climb that one step to reach the stage.

Before they reach, my confident Fai lifted the walker on her own and climbed up in a micro second. After another second of breath in our mouth....every one witnessing the event started laughing! This is my V Fai for you guys - forever managing her own way out of issues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment