Pages

December 13, 2019

Abby Notes #7

Ah oh, opening a laptop and even ramble something with the help of this keyboard was too much to ask from me,  a month back. Does it explain my absence on this blog baby? Yes. Does it justify? No.

Here I am, trying to pick those broken pieces of confidence- that I can blog like before, AGAIN. Let me start with Abby Updates. (Isn't the entire post about it? Ah, yes!)

Abby has grown up OH SO MUCH in terms of acquired skills in last two month. Rolling over anywhere, jumping on his feet, getting up from now strong thighs and hips to grab something, wanting to stand all the time with someone's help and what not. In between all these developments we also went through bottle refusal part two, started solids, fussing about things we dont like, recognizing mom dad and what not.

Our first Diwali was tensed. Abby got allergic cough and cold and the first time parents that we are, we were in no mood to do anything very special. However, I managed to do a Rangoli and we all just had a lot of sweets. Binge eating is bad, my friend! My parents flew to Mumbai while going back to Ahmedabad from a vacation and just about the same time- due to Abby's bottle and nursing strike we were advised to start pureed fruits. And Ahoy, he broke every fast and every strike as soon as his stomach had apple sauce. It was too funny to see him so happy having fruits!

Abby and the mother (Do not roll your eyes. That is the designation now!) went to Ahmedabad a month back (Weird, but they say we went to Abby's Mama's place. Oh please, he is yet to even turn 26! It is my place or my parent's!) . All Alone. Oh yes, I was not too nervous but definitely thoughtful about discovering/planning various ways of managing Abby. My frock buddy N's kiddo has abandoned his stroller which was and is used happily by Abby now. It sort of saved my trip and the days spent in Ahmedabad. While he was oblivious to air pressure issues in ears, he had decided to talk to every one in sight while standing on my chest. I am not kidding. For thirty five minutes of my flight ride, I was loaded. However, at the end humanity prevailed and a lady helped me to relax myself for a while and made sure I reach my folks at the arrival. Ah....

Ahmedabad was and is a happy place. While he loved all the swings we have, he managed to REALLY explore the balcony garden my dad has developed.  My parents also made some 'jugad' of keeping soft toys afloat above him on the swing so that he can kick all of them! I am not kidding you, this guy has no EQ as of now. He loves kicking every soft toy's ass! Haha!

Obviously with the happy trip, the challenge came as usual with the feeding. His highness decided that he does not want to use slow flow nipples any more. He exactly showed me how babies can be stubborn about something second time in my life. Ah, we are still changing bottles every day to try different flows. However, if nothing works one amazing product sent by my Kaka from US works. The only problem is with that product Abby gets this deep cravings of holding the bottle all alone. Ah, well..

In the first week of December, we visited Ganpatipule for a small vacation. First ever family vacation for three of us! First ever train ride for Abby. We had booked a coupe and oh boy, not only Abby enjoyed the ride, I also napped like never before thanks to the train vibrations. Our resort at Ganpatipule was okayish but the lush green trees , kind staff and superb weather made the vacation really fun. Abby loved taking strolls outside, had his first 'Chhab Chhab' in the pool and oh well his first ever two hours long day nap in the hotel room! Haha. We had no WiFi or proper network connection which made our 'together time' so good. Even with Abby and his management - his mom dad managed to feel like normal couple dates- the kinds we love!

Last weekend, Abby attended a wedding for the first time. He was dressed in Kurta, Sherwani and a Tux onesie for Sangeet, Marriage and Reception. He loved spending time with people so much that he forgot to sleep for an entire day! Hahaha. He was very very playful most of the time.

Abby can now say Mamamama, Bbabababba and Maamba Ammba too. He tries hard to crawl and walk too. He loves going out and then ignores every one else till he gets tired. He seems to be teething and hence eating everything around.

I am looking forward to various vegetables and fruits getting introduced to him. Reading books to him and ah, adjusting me and my tiny one into my office schedule. Keeping fingers crossed.


No comments:

Post a Comment