Pages

January 1, 2020

Resolution 2020!

Oh well, if I look back to the post where I declared my five goals for 2019, I did not do too bad. Not Good in all the areas of course but provided I lived the entire year being pregnant or a new mother- I do get some concession. Don't I ?

The first Goal was to keep activity level high. Oh well, till June I walked A LOT. Of course, it maintained my weight like anything but I could not see an impact on my delivery because hey, I had a C Sec. Over all, I did not do too well in this area afterwards. However, I am slowly picking up. I try to go for a walk, thanks to our Nanny (Please dont go any where ever!) who takes care of Abby in the afternoon. Now that I am joining my new job in next five days, lets see how do I maintain my physical fitness.

Second and third Goals of Working together with Mr.ISB and Decluttering - is a work in progress. We are yet to conquer both goals with additional stuff we have thanks to Abby, however I am sure we would survive.

Fourth and Fifth Goal of Recycling and Personal Projects went out of the window. Believe me, I had plans. I could paint two canvases and a bit of recycling boxes for storage happened. Not Happy with these goals.

Year 2020 is going to be different to take these goals again. It is the year of settling down with a new role and a baby on board. Getting into routine, making self care rituals etc. But wait, let me write them down.

1. Reading: I kid you not. I want to read books, learn more or just explore different virtual worlds. There is this sudden craving for knowing thoughts of other people, characters and build my own theories, in me now. With a six months old baby it is not very easy to take time out but hey, I am going to slay this goal. I am sure. If I want to survive intellectually.

2. Fitness: I need to decide if I want to dance, walk or do both. Or nothing. However it is time to level up the game of diet and work out. I need to lose postpartum weight and I can see it is not easy. All eyes on my new diet this year. I am trying to minimize carbs but remember, I am from Gujarat.

3. Hosting Parties: Tea parties or Dinner, all eyes on my soon to be set up Living Room. I did a small trial on Christmas by decorating it with a Christmas tree and whatever I could get without going out much. I loved creating a party ambiance. I would love to throw a rug, a few fairy lights and some indoor plants. This year I want to host minimum three parties to start with. With elegance and joy.

Wish Me Luck?

No comments:

Post a Comment