Pages

July 30, 2017

The Sunday #6

Pre-Rakhi Sunday it was. Not technically but almost. Sigh. (For an Amdavadi, celebrating festivals only on weekends is more than a torture. I meant, Sundays are for relaxation when festivals arrive on weekdays. But well..)

Only when I was happy about upcoming festive seasons, I caught cold. When I say cold, it is a mixture of mucus in tones and sneezing in millions. Gross and painful both. The silver lining? Mr.ISB's cousin S with her kid coming to our place for Rakhi and the lunch. Needless to say, it was everything fun. I was tired due to flu but could manage cooking up a storm with the help of a cook and MIL. (Such days remind me that how dependent I am on my MIL when it comes to daily chores and thankful too!)

Our little nephew does not have sisters and this poor little yours truly does not have any brothers in the town. So, I pitched in and tied him a Rakhi. His smile and the tiny wrist flaunting bigger Rakhi than his face was cuter than he ever was to me.

Pre-Lunch session was more like a chattering session between us - females and it appeared that the pending task of buying matching fabric for some amazing sarees I have, can be ticked off today if I jump in the car with cousin S who was also ticking of her cloth shopping tasks that day. I was tired and sleepy but this was not a moment to miss. Also, we all were free for the day after a long long time, hence we both left for some festive shopping while our Brother-in-law M , Mr.ISB and the kiddo took rest before meeting post shopping session. That too for the dinner. Yay!

The Nakshatras helped us and we both could select some really gorgeous fabric while talking about everything 'Girly' and 'Work-ish' under the sun. It felt amazing to have a like minded person to whom you can always look up to and talking with. It was also a gentle reminder that after my Sister-In-Law's wedding a cousin living close by would be anyway there.

The dinner was North Indian (Guys' choice) and delicious. It took some time for us to realize that the food was surprisingly lighter on our stomach, which is unlikely for Punjabi cuisine. I did not want the day to end even when I was dead tired. Of course, after bath I collapse on the bed just to get up next morning at 6 am.

A tiring but a happy Sunday.

How was yours? 

No comments:

Post a Comment