Pages

August 16, 2019

Abby Notes #3

It seems like a long time I have been posting updates about Abby. Ah, ironically now only around 25 days left for me to enjoy this phase in Ahmebad. Yes, we are going (another) home in Mumbai- Back to Pavilion? Ah no, it feels like I am getting married again with all the 'settle-down-at-new-place' anxieties with an added responsibility - which is HUGE- of tiny Abby!

Let me update you guys before I rant about how nervous I am about everything in life and I have many times reached to a point where I had to cry A LOT in the washroom- and had thought of of leaving every one and live in a forest in Himalayas- yeah that specific but I again digressed, let me go back to Abby.

My dad had gone to Turkey around the same time Mr.ISB was at home. I was under the impression that Abby is again going to be a stranger in behavior but God Bless my Dad's whistling and singing skills, they had started their singing sessions again on the day he was back. Ah, yes I used 'had' because Abby is going through a serious growth spurt I assume.  Dad gets to see him either cranky or already asleep by the time he is back home from office. And... I am hardly getting fifteen minutes to myself by the time it is 10 pm. I rush to have my coffee, to take bath, to take my meals and I literally browse Internet for 'Baby Stuff' to keep myself - ah, 'Myself when he naps exactly for twenty minutes or chat with friends. (Read: Rant) Then he pees many times/poops, there is a change of diaper, he plays for fifteen minutes, realizes he could have slept off so throws tantrums which brings him to the cradle and these two Panda Eyes females- yours truly and my mom- either of us rocks him to sleep. Cycles repeats, Entropy in my mind increases. (Ah, Abby's forced Geeky Mom!)

My brother has some special connection with Abby. Both actually watched Formula One Racing together - and what I liked about these two incidents, is - ah, I could have my cup of coffee which did not go cold! Hhahahaha. I suspect the Formula One Lover Mama and the Top Formula Feb baby are ganging up against me in future to not to let me watch Forensic Discovery Channel! (Ah, we are weirdos!)

We have started traditional 'Malish' after Doctor's green signal, obviously with a strict No-No to weird practices like putting oil in nose, squeezing nipples (Oh yesss!) , hanging them upside down etc. Ah, and Abby? On the first day he did not enjoy one bit. He yelled and cried and cried and cried. On the second day, he was sort of okayish with massage part but as usual hated taking bath. We are contemplating -not continuing. We are giving Abby five more sessions to get habitual or else Abby's Momma going to make use of this massage time as the Bonding time! :)

I make Abby wear mostly new dresses we have got as gifts every day. Most of them are comfortable, however my eldest cousin P has sent some cutest Onesies which I feel like making him wear everyay- and ah...Photography blocks. I can not get over them and shoot so so so many photos of Abby and send them to all grand parents!

We now go out with Abby every other evening and while mostly he behaves (Read: Sleeps), he hates an old stroller we have. We are trying to figure out what would work for him!

Week 8th was a week of plenty of social smiles for Abby. I hope I am not jinxing it but he smiles at me so many times that I just cancel the plan of going to the forest, every single time. hahhahaha. Cheesy Mommy, I am!

Yesterday, amidst Abby's tiring daily schedule I dressed him up in a traditional Kurta Chudidar sent to him by my MIL and a tricolor pin of my Dad on it. I had to make his first Rakshabandhan and Independence day special! By the way, Abby got three Rakhis...
.... and obviously he showed his tongue out while my mom tied them on his wrist while asking for a gift.No Kidding!

:-)








No comments:

Post a Comment