Pages

August 7, 2019

Chai Time Chitchat #19

From 18th post to 19th post of this series, in these three months, your truly has become a hyper I-want-to-do-everything-female to a confused-anxious-Momma. However, unlike Abby series, I am going to continue Chai Time Chitchat with everything non-baby-stuff of my life. Atleast hope so! Because, I want to avoid the discussion of Postpartum Blues thanks to Breast feeding issues - a very wise soul had told me that Happy Mother=Happy Baby and Baby is a part of you, not YOU. So, on that note - I want to continue sipping hot coffee (yeah, for a change), pull a chair for you too and chit chat.

-I need good clothes. I am not kidding. I am yet to shed those 6 kgs left from 9 kgs I had gained during my pregnancy. Hence old clothes are tight for my comfort and maternity clothes look like tents! However, after a lot of efforts - I went on online spree and after a week could process some orders. Only to get three pair of decent Kurtas for myself. Just to realize, I still look pathetic and under confident. I have finally cut my hair short and waiting to really get time and guts to go and shop some smart clothes.

-Lipsticks. I am finally using them. Pregnancy is over and so is the self imposed ban. Going out and dressing up gives more joy to me than eating chocolates now a days! Lipsticks anyway is the first prob which makes me look groomed enough.

-I have started going out for a walk in our colony which I am already loving. However, I need a push from someone to really do that every day. My Mumma and Mr.ISB (He is on Paternity Leave here, in Ahmedabad) can really inspire me to not to miss it.

- I am training myself to manage Abby single-handedly. Which is nearly impossible- but if I aim for 100% independence, I would manage difficult situations like absence of maids, care takers etc in a much better fashion.

-I am very very and very excited as well as full of ideas (not enough though) to set our bedroom once again. We are trying to figure out weather to buy a portable jhula (if we do not wean Abby off the habit) or should really invest in a baby cot. We also have a Palana/Hinchko/Sofa/Almost a cot designed by my dad, however it is meant to be in the hall. Coming to which I am doubly excited to design the decor of our side of hall which is right now empty.  I really want to set it up slowly before I resume office. Do you think I can do it?

-My free minutes before falling asleep in day time is to find functional yet good looking (and cheap) trolley to set up as a diaper and feeding station, as well as some storage boxes to store toys and other tiny baby stuff.

-Did I tell you I am already hatching plans of going out for a small domestic vacation as a family of three in December? or January? Before making any plans of a trip outside India next year. I REALLY REALLY REALLY need that VACATION.

- I can not wait enough to meet our Kaka and Kaki from US, in some months. If you are reading this, please please lets plan something? I so want to spend quality time with them and want them to really meet Abby. Abby needs to know how much his parents (Specially the mother) love and respect them.

-It is a matter of a month now, after which I will be in Mumbai. It is heart breaking to even think about leaving my parents'. After ten long years I have spent six months together with my family (and now I am floating in my comfort zone.) I am doubly attached to my mom dad and brother while they are 100 times attached to Abby.

-Talking about comfort zones, I am now unplugged from my life of Mumbai. I will be home with a baby all the time and this means everything is about to change. Apart from the same old challenges with the place I used to face. However taking stress is not going to work and so is adjusting for the sake of it. I hope I would find the right balance.

-I am in the process of really collecting shattered pieces of my lost identity and create one new. I have many doubts about myself. I have to rediscover that confidence and fun in my personality. For the sake of my happy baby and our little new family.

No comments:

Post a Comment