Pages

August 6, 2019

Abby Notes #2

-My In-laws (FIL, MIL and SIL) came to see Abby for two days and Abby had a gala time with every one pampering him. Abby received different gifts from all three of them and we suspect he has covered all his wardrobe essentials now with two pairs of shoes he has received.  MIL also bought a Kurta Pajama for him from Bhavnagar, her home town, hence even his festive wardrobe has started getting built!

-He has received his first pack of rattle toys from my Best Friends (SC, SK and R)! He has also received a pile of wooden toys from my Frock Buddy N, along with oh so many Onesies! His only eldest Masi and my Cousin P from US has sent oh so many clothes (again) new and hands me down of her cousin, Abby's only sister. Abby is already a rich guy.

-There was a patch of 4-5 days when he was very very very hungry. He would be fussy due to over consumption of feed (what to do when he wants 'more'!) and wont sleep much. I suspect that was the growth spurt.

-Some where around sixth week, after those difficult 4-5 days, Abby seemed to have discovered Tubelights (No pun intended), he kept on staring at them. We also realized he suddenly started smiling a lot. Specially in front of my Dad, when he is whistling, when he is in the lap of my Mumma, when his stomach is full. Funny thing is, once he starts smiling during feeding, he wont consume a drop of milk further. The weird thing  which worries me the most is his erratic feeding- less and more. However, demand feeding is what we are following- ignoring his gags, gas and not accepting feed after smiles!

-Abby does not sleep much after evenings which makes me very nervous as I am trying to get myself trained to manage him independently ( without any one), while I know after going to Mumbai every one would help. However, it is better to over prepare than to under prepare.  I am yet to be hands on because apart from nervous evenings, I still rush to my Mumma at odd hours of nights to get help.

-Abby's Daddy, Mr ISB is currently on second half of his paternity leave but it seems more like a vacation for me! He can pretty much do everything possible, obviously apart from Breast Feeding but even his presence is my comfort zone out of which I never want to go out. Thanks to Mr.ISB and my Mom- I am relaxed. I want to do all Non-Baby stuff so that I can rejuvenate myself and once Mr.ISB goes back- I can get into the training mode again.

-Abby is also addicted to massages done by my Mumma, it seems and this dear Dida of Abby leaves no stone unturned when it comes to managing his stuff. In addition to this, thanks to her perfect hygiene habits and organization (Read: OCD) I am sure I am getting atleast 50% of these habits and what worries me is, it takes a micro second for me to get cranky to see Abby's stuff in a mess. God Bless Mumbaikars!

-Abby has started visiting the balcony garden to get some sunlight and God forbid, get his day and night cycles correct. Or else, I am surely getting into a jetleg mode without traveling to US.

-Abby has started straightening his neck with a bit of control. For Week 7, it is a good milestone apart from his attempts to roll almost twice in four days. However, a complete roll is expected only once he gets the control of his neck muscles. As of now all grand parents are bragging about the somerset roll. *Rolling my eyes*

-It is fun to see Abby growing. Many of his new clothes which looked like tents on him in the first month, have started to fit really well. Ah, so well that I have started making him wear mostly new clothes every day so that he does proper justice to all the clothes received!

Right now we are waiting and watching, how our one week Family Vacation with Mr.ISB is going to be. Lets see what updates we get about it next week! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment