Pages

April 2, 2019

B for Bag Hunt

Females and their bags- this combination is deadlier than an arranged marriage set up to match a bride and a groom. Expectations from a bag sometimes exceed than expectations from a husband, for me. However, when it comes to bags, we have the liberty of scrapping them even if they are Michael Kors. *Joke Over* *It was only a joke!*

I, generally take forever to select a bag for myself. Reasons are many, I like my bag to sustain at least 2-3 years. Also, I do not like to change my bags too often. Not even as per occasions, unless I am wearing something jazzy and ethnic.That is my fail safe method. No change of bags, no mishaps like forgetting something - most of the times wallets or ID Cards, getting habitual of the product, if the bag is chic enough it never looks bad. Mostly I use my bag as a laptop bag too- so at most what I have to do in the evenings or while going for dinners is just to remove the laptop and voila! I am ready.

*Eye-rolls expected from many ladies who feel that dinner bags have to be tiny, to even accommodate a wallet and then use pockets of their partners to put something you bought* *My eyes are rolling now*

And so last week, when my husband noticed that almost torn shoulder strap of my favorite Vegan Leather bag, I freaked out deep down my heart. (No, I am not a Vegan person but I had just liked the simplicity of the bag when I had bought it. Others found it little boring but that happens to almost all the choices I make in fashion department!) Believe me, finding an appropriate bag online and ordering is not as simple as it seems for yours truly and so the realization that the time has arrived to start selecting a new bag- I found myself really nervous.

Now to achieve this complicated goal, the bag selection over Google has started. Proud to tell you guys, I have not made up my mind yet. (*Sarcastic Drum Rolls*) First, the only colors I accept for bags are Tan and Black only. Second, it has to have a zip. Third, it should fit my laptop. Fourth, it should look classy and formal. Fifth, it can not be a bag pack type. Sixth. It should not be too expensive because, hey the startup I have been working for is not raising funds any time soon. I mean, I can go on and on. (Sixth point will get eye rolls from my husband!)

Ah.....

If the comparison of this process with the arranged marriage set up is fair, I am so so lucky to have Mr.ISB in my life that I never had to look at anyone else with so many requirements in my mind from a relationship. (Even when my husband continues being unfair to me while rolling his eyes at my I-am-not-buying-that-expensive-branded-bag outlook in life, I do not deviate from this feeling)

Anyway, I assume love-after-six-conversations may not happen for bags, which happened with me while selecting a husband for myself!

:/

Why, Not, Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment