Pages

April 18, 2019

N for Nail-Paints or Nightmares

This word, 'Nail Paint' from the cosmetic words when comes out of me, for discussion, sends shock waves to the outer world. Let me explain.

I have been brought up by a father who believed that that nail paints are hazardous to health if they end up in your stomach while eating (due to it getting peeled off) hence, if you apply it on right hand and he sees it - you would get a threatening stare. My mom does not use any cosmetics/ does not know how to use, hence their marriage did not get affected by it. (I mean, imagine my dad having a cosmetic lover wife!)

Now their first born who happens to be yours truly, also got more or less father-like gene (my mother's beliefs, not mine!) when it comes to cosmetics. In my entire childhood, I do not remember I would have applied nail paints or lipsticks for more than two times. And my childhood I mean first 18 years! Lack of interest, Lack of exposure to cosmetics or blind trust in the family which is 70% made of doctors.

Once I was out of my hometown for the first ever job at the age of 23, my mother secretly wished that somebody would come in my life and inspire me to use cosmetics or would teach me to keep myself 'groomed'. Eventually, I tried Kajals, Lipsticks and for a couple of times- even a highlighter but then I hit my 28th year and wisdom arrived that I can not handle these stuff beyond a limit and should stick to lipsticks to look dressed up. I also was okay with being imperfect.I also realized that applying make up is not going to be my forte ever. And so, in a function where I was in the lime light apart from another soul last week, this is what happened...

Cousin S : " You are not applying Henna, Make up- you demand is non existent, Please apply Nail Paint"

Yours truly: "Oh no, please. I don't want to eat the paint!"

My Mother-in-law *anyway displeased with this Gold-hater, Makeup-hater, Over-Simple-For-Mumbai-Standards attitude of mine* : "Apply it, Remove it the next day and eat with spoons!"

I, succumbing to the cornering done- chose the lightest natural nail paint color to apply...

***

After the function was over, while collapsing on the bed with fatigue, I dozed off for some fifteen minutes...

Suddenly when I opened my eyes and looked at my nails!! I freaked out!!

I thought my hands were replaced. They looked like hands of a witch. I almost screamed! Obviously I realized,

It was A NIGHTMARE!!

Nail paints can cause Nightmares!! Please note.

No comments:

Post a Comment