Pages

April 29, 2019

Q for Quid Pro Quo

Nothing describes my life better than this, these days.

As much as I was waiting for my stay in Ahmedabad, I myself have jinxed it. (Okay, let me again be the rationale personal I am generally) but then I have to convince myself that, I am getting it and I am paying for it. Okay, Read- My mom is paying for it.

Just after two days I arrived home in Ahmedabad, my mom slipped on the wet floor.

Fortunately, it is not a fracture but a compression fracture; Unfortunately, she is not able to walk right now at all, for a month. Now in a few days she would be able to walk using a walker.

Fortunately, she only needed a minimally invasive surgery to fit a small screw to align the bone below the knee. Unfortunately, we are yet to pass those fifteen days when the pain will finally subside.

Fortunately, all the staff members - maids, cooks and helpers are trained so I can not complain that I am not getting time to rest or not being pampered. Unfortunately, I have so much of rest here that I begin to think without this mishap how it would have been.

Fortunately, my dad is here and the doctor's opinion for me to increase my weight, has been taken seriously. Unfortunately, my mom has taken it to her to curate a menu for me and I feel over fed at times! Oh yes, she controls the entire household even today.

Fortunately, I have a whole lot of time to paint- blog- read and I am taking one step at a time to accomplish everything slowly. Unfortunately, our shopping plans are in the dustbin, plus I have to see my mom in tears due to pain many times a day.

Fortunately, I am daily meeting my Masis, Mamas and Fais like never before. Unfortunately, if my mom was active enough we would have enjoyed more.

I guess, it is a race against time when in two months from today I would be totally a focus of everyone's attention. My mom is looking forward to the time. So, is my dad and every one else. However, my focus will be my mom. I do not want her to miss anything after the day and I know it is too early to even do the wishful thinking that she would be able to enjoy those days.

Currently, I am getting something precious- a lot of time with my family, relatives, in my home town with time to do whatever I always wanted to do. I am losing something- my mom's active days exactly for the tenure I am getting this privilege.

Quid Pro Quo. Life is like that.

As my eldest Fai says, : This is what we have, lets make a big deal out of it.

Say A little Prayer For My Mom's Recovery?

No comments:

Post a Comment