Pages

April 16, 2019

L for Loner

I know some amazing people who are loners. These are the people who are kind at heart, understanding and composed but they like to be with themselves more than being with people all the time. I never understood them before, now when I have completed my 30th year in life- I don't only understand them but respect them for what they are.

Mind well, a loner is not a rude person most of the times, but an introvert person or someone who is selective in making friends or someone who likes solitude more than social life. Hence, when I met this man who was/is otherwise a loner but had become my best friend- I had decided to marry him and married him too - Mr.ISB, who is a monk, almost Shiv as my mother calls him, an excellent husband when we don't fight. I did not respect him so much which I do now. (Major part of the respect comes from the fact that he manages me well, the one who is so strong on ethics and gender neutrality but equally messed up in standing up for myself)

Yesterday, while having a peaceful dinner amidst all the hormones in my body creating havoc, I suddenly remembered a Whatsapp conversation I had with his friend in the morning. Another crazy who is more introvert than me, but as sorted as Mr.ISB and his very good friend!- Lets call him Friend A.

***

Friend A: Yo, Happy Birthday!!

Bubblegum: Thank you!! I was about to remind you that it is my birthday! Hahaha.

Friend A: Hahahaha. What is the plan after a big social function you had yesterday?

Bubblegum: Plan is to avoid social life for a while. There is no other plan. Mr.ISB can get detached from things being a loner I respect! I need sometime to recover from the overwhelming social situation we had.

Friend A: Let me tell you, we all aim to be like Mr.ISB in some or the other way. He has many virtues which can bring peace to us if we can have them!

Bubblegum: Can not agree more but for people like me and you it is a very very difficult goal to achieve.

Friend A: Agreed!!!

***

This conversation is carved in my mind.
My goal is to be a loner like Mr.ISB who can stand up to be in solitude without any fuss! 
And it is not only me who thinks so.

No comments:

Post a Comment