Pages

April 4, 2019

D for Dreams, Ah Day Dreams

When Martin Luther King had declared that, he has a dream..A few of my ancestor were surely laughing. Because after years, they got this daughter in the family who would just replace this powerful word called 'Dream' into 'Day Dream', more than often. (Or most of the times!)

Day dreaming, for me is passion. Most of my realized dreams are generally small numbers of conversions I made in life. Conversion of a day dream into a dream into the reality,but I am not going to talk about the minority of them. I am going to talk about this passion and the zillions of day dreams I have in my eyes for next few years. (Oh yes, if D is for Day dreams- I is for Inertia!)

-Home Decor: I wish I can create my own space in my hall and bedroom- in my own style. The issue is my taste is very different than most of the members of the family. And my husband can live out of a hut and WiFi connection too. Hence, I succumb to day dreaming before taking any action in going towards the implementation. How I wish I can convert those pending projects like making curtains from sarees, buying a slick teak wood study table, designing book cabinets with glass doors, using wood stain gel to color the furniture etc into reality. As of now they are a big chunk of my day dreaming mood.

-DIYs: Don't even think about asking, why I have stopped doing anything about them and have added into my day dreaming session. Fatigue. I am so so tired by evening to I even touch my craft goods. I am not able to even think about a project in detail. I am only day dreaming about putting colored tiles with white cement on those n numbers of wine bottles for my garden.

-Stitching/Knitting: I dream about starting with them. Stitching is out of question in Mumbai as the sewing machine is at home in Ahmedabad. Hence, I should some day not only day dream but really work on stitching part now when I would spend some months there. Knitting is something, which needs a lot of patience to even day dream! However inertia in day dreaming is easy to recover from. Khi Khi Khi...

-Data Science Basic Course: Needless to day, I only day dream about applications of such a serious topic and never start hands on with the course. I every day decide to start with the first course, just to be able to day-dream about implementing the new learnt stuff in practical use. Some day.

-Vacations: Now, this has been a never ending day dream. The pending list to visit places never ends. Hence, day dreaming on this has been more than for anything else in terms of frequency and intensity. List has zillions of places apart from US of A, Iceland, UK , Scotland, Greece, Jakarta etc. Oh well, reality is that we are in a situation where we can not even think about vacations in next one or two years.

And so, while every other current day dreams of yours truly can be converted into reality if I fight through my inertia, for a while this 'useless self ' might like to switch ON the last one- till we make the vacation happen.

And.. If you shrug your shoulder on reading this and never day dream..

"Apke Charan Kahan Hai?"

No comments:

Post a Comment