Pages

April 3, 2019

C for Clutter

I have got 50% genes of my mom who is an OCD patient, who claims to have recouped from the so called lifestyle disorder. (We both kids disagree!)

*Oh yes, my brother protested many times in our childhood singing 'Ma Sehat Ke liye, tu to Hanikarak Hai' Before the Bapu Version was launched a few years back as a hit song in the movie Dangal.*

By no means, my mom puts me in her Respectable and Clean (Sterile & Organized) Individuals book which has some insane rules like- 'While taking out the tissue paper from the roll, one must put the cut in a straight line if perforation does not work.' , 'The edge of the coffee table (or any furniture) has to be parallel to the edges of the tiles' (Okay, I have this problem too!), 'Kitchen should be very very very clean which can be achieved by just using your right hand to cook. Left hand is only for cleaning the mess and lifting jars' 

Believe me, I am 90% stickler to such rules but I am not there in mom's Good Books yet.
However, my husband who is exactly the polar opposite of my mom, puts me into the category of 'OCD affected' people anyway. I believe, living with 23 room-mates in ten years and 23rd being my husband himself- I am no more an OCD patient as I have successfully developed survival remedies. But, my husband and some of the office interns disagree. (Karma!)

Now, if you ask me honestly clutter turns me off. It sometimes sparks anger and frustration too.

Those coins on the bed or hiding in the corner of the room, Oil Stains on the grill with piles of used towels on them (thanks to the existence of the massage oil bottles there), No mosquito/dust grill on windows in Mumbai homes, Unfolded blankets on the bed, Dirty bedsheets & curtains, Hidden clutter under the table or tucked away behind the TV screen, Oil used for frying stuff happily residing in the same pot for days, Old jars almost cultivating weird creatures in the fridge, All those things which are never going to be Marie Kondo-ed by other members of the family. Let me stop here now.

***

How do I manage many turn offs every single day or at-least thrive to do, because I live with three more people who have different personalities?

1. Ignore & Clear the clutter as much as you can.

2. Delegate cleaning and de-cluttering to your partner. A side note: Sharing responsibilities lead to better married life (Or a Fight, if the delegation goes unsuccessful. Wait, Fights are good too!)

3. If I am tired, I crib and divert my mind.

4. By no means, I take de-cluttering as only my job.

5. If there are other members than your partner I feel, are propagating clutter just because of their life style and habits, I clear my territory. Crib about it and let it go.

These 'remedies' work to some extent and sometimes I feel sad that my home suffers because of all five of them I force myself to follow silently, However such is life.

But, this is the limit upto which I can adjust. (Mostly)

One more person creating mess enters in my life.... Oh well....

What if the future kid someday turns out to be like all of them???

:o

Or, what if the kid turns out to be like my mom??? 

:o

Should I be happy or not???

No comments:

Post a Comment