Pages

April 17, 2019

M for Meet & Greet

I have sort of, forced myself to make something up from 'M',which resembles social gathering. (No, I am not keen to meet every one who are a part of my world!)

I am a fan of conversation over food. If it is a house party, I might be in a flow. Now, most of the friends who are reading this would roll their eyes because I have not thrown any such house parties which I claim to be in love with. Believe me, it is like Mirabai fancy-ing a date with Krishna. Virtual but not happening till the Happily-Ever-After-End.

However, my love for Gupshup over Chai or Dinner is everything. I am not sure from where I have picked this love, but I suspect it is my M Fai. I have fancied being her for a long time now. The way she carries her self, does not give up, the way she manages her career, the way she shops for brass vintage stuff for her garden and show case, wears sarees with utmost grace and ooof, Silver Jewelry. She is a collector! (Not a hoarder!) She has been inviting us over her place for decades now and while we do the same- her style is something very unique I feel. Apart from her, I have my US Kaka and Kaki doing it for a while, I do envy their guests because I am yet to visit them in US.

I know, this dream of even starting to arrange small meets at my place is not going to be a reality for some months or may be years, I really want to tell you all- How the Meet & Greet parties would be at my home!

- Crockery. I so want to buy crockery with stories. Stories of art, painting or even the place I would pick the set from. And those sets wont be residing in the cupboard forever, because, I hate them when they are never used and are show-cased in the glass cupboard for years without being used. I would make sure my guests feel my love for crockery when I would serve food and drinks in them.

- Rugs and Table Runners. Table Mats and Napkins. I can not really buy any of them at this point of time as no one appreciates the extra oomph they add to the decor.

- Food and Drink. I love cooking or I should say, I used to. I remember hosting a friend in Pune and how much I had enjoyed making Indian dishes as per his choice- Palak Paneer, Lachcha Paratha and Gajar Ka Halwa. There were not many dishes but every one hogged on till we hit the bottom of the pan. I would some day serve my guests Ravioli and Stir fry cooked by yours truly, along with some wine. And if I can make some mean dessert, wow!

-Plants in Big Planters. Bang inside the hall. Believe me, they would be partying with us as well. I can not imagine my life without plants. ( I am not kidding, my heart sank and I cried so much when I had to throw away some plants and Mitti garden decor a week back, in preparation for going to Ahmedabad. It was depressing) I am happy that in Ahmedabad, I will be actively participating in keeping greens alive in summers with my dad. How do kids grow without plants around in big cities? No idea!

- Sarees and Pearls: Oh yes, I love the strings of pearls I have and I have a dream that I flaunt them in parties hosted by us. If I can flaunt sarees with them- oh that would be a dream come true. More than that, may be.

And let me give you who all I want to host in these Meet & Greets I am planning so passionately. My fai (needless to say), Mr.ISB's ISB friends and school buddies, My soon to be ex-directors, my best of best friends who are hardly in the city together and of course, Kaka Kaki from US.

Tall Order?


No comments:

Post a Comment