Pages

April 27, 2019

P for Pit Stops

Technically, Pit stop in racing industry is a stop where the car stops for refueling. And non-technically, it is a place where you refresh yourself from the long grilling routine or challenging life.

Every body should have one such pit stop, if not many. That pit stop can be a place, an activity, company of a friend/friends. Ah, sometimes food (Read: Adarakhwali Chai), and sometimes that much needed vacation.

In the grueling time I passed in last two months due to office stress, fatigue (which is not to the level where we have to worry about it), work load where there is an obligation to participate, lack of help- I knew shifting to Ahmedabad would bring me a 'Pit Stop' feeling. Life has its own twists, but 90% of those expectations are being fulfilled and I am very grateful about the same.

Not worrying about phone calls, messages of subordinates, ever demanding team mates, constantly increasing to-do-list, domestic work, reaching office on time, preparing for the function, fighting myths constantly (because yours truly is too scientific and stubborn at times) , post function fatigue which took almost 4 days to subside- life is different here.

In the morning, while I am forced to sleep till 8 am - Dad makes our Adarakhwali Chai with properly planned Chai Breakfast designed by mom. We all have tea together. Then, we wait for all the help to come on time and I walk for around 30 minutes followed by some stretches. I have plenty of time then to, work/read and blog (from which I had taken a break sadly). Some or the other Masis or Fai appears to spend time with mom and me. We are served hot home made snacks as a meal before lunch as well. While, I am practically pampered to bits - I am also trying to get into more reading as that one thing I had skipped completely when in Mumbai, in last five months. I keep myself active in managing the household like a team leader, however my mom is a super boss hence not many things are 

I am not missing one part of the Mumbai life, as of now, except of course Mr.ISB. I am sure once this initial euphoria will be over, I would crave for normalcy to come back. However, Ahmedabad does not feel like a Pit Stop.

It feels like many pit stops being enjoyed at a time.

Do you have your pit stop?

1 comment:

  1. I worked in ahmedabad for quite a few years before moving to mumbai 2 yrs back. But god how terribly i miss that place. I am hoping to shift back too...

    ReplyDelete